Welcome to the STULZ Test Center – Advantages for you
| || |
Tests to your specifications – for stringent performance testing
STULZ boasts its own professional Test Center in Hamburg, in order to satisfy all future requirements facing precision air conditioning. Here, we perform extensive computer-aided technical tests on air conditioning solutions. At a central location, systems can be tested and optimized even during the design and development phase. Comprehensive test runs under a great variety of conditions demonstrate the actual performance capabilities of systems and components. What's more, we determine the expected running costs and make them available to you wherever you are in our STULZ Select database. In the sealed bay, our test bench engineers offer two services based on DIN EN 14511. Firstly, the witness test, which enables customers to simulate their precision air conditioning unit or system under a variety of different operating conditions. Secondly, internal prototype tests, which involve the extensive testing of mechanical, electrical and electronic components and the control technology of a precision air conditioning unit or chiller during the development process.
Experience, a high proportion of in-house development, and computer-aided engineering
All the relevant steps, from the rough draft to the finished precision air conditioning system, are supported by finely tuned development tools. Development, prototyping, ongoing tests and production all take place in one location, enabling speedy intervention at any time.
The result is a sophisticated system that satisfies the most exacting quality requirements.
Tests in compliance with international standards ensure optimum acceptance
Our test equipment is calibrated annually by independent German calibration services/calibration institutes. Our Test Center meets all the required regulations. It goes without saying that all tests are conducted impartially and in confidence.
- EN 14511 – Terms, test conditions, test procedures, requirements
- EN 1216 – Forced circulation air cooling and air heating units
- ISO 9614 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound intensity measurements
Live and up close – at the STULZ Test Center in Hamburg
Thanks to our two large climatic test chambers, parallel measurements can be performed on different precision air conditioners or chillers. For both climatic chambers, 700 kW is available for chilled water mode (mechanical chilling) and 1000 kW for heat exchanger mode, plus a heating capacity of 320 kW.
STULZ customer tests – Ensuring high availability and creating transparency
Cape Town, Sao Paulo, Paris, Moscow, London, Shanghai, Dubai, Frankfurt – wherever there are plans for a data center, STULZ is at hand. In the witness test, the desired conditions are simulated live in climatic chambers. Requirements and specific circumstances are considered down to the last detail. Test bench engineers support you in all phases of the performance test – the result is meaningful performance values for our precision air conditioning systems and chillers.
Various test options – all under one roof
Standard test option thanks to conditioning mode
- Precise testing of liquid and air cooled chillers, evaporators, condensers, air cooling units, heat exchangers and air conditioning units
- Precise adjustment of air temperature and humidity
- Simulation of external pressure by butterfly valves
- Simulation of partial load conditions (variable heat loads)
- Graphic representation of individual measured values on the computer and in the control room via projection
Cold aisle/hot aisle data center structure for further test options
- Climatic chamber II is divided into two sections (hot and cold), to separate the air side from the unit blow-out side
- The air conditioning unit is positioned in a cutout in the cold aisle chamber
- Simulation of incoming air conditions (heat load, airflow rate, temperature, humidity) in line with requirements, which make up the hot aisle chamber
Testing chillers, heat exchangers and air cooled condensers in environmental simulation mode
- Environmental simulation mode in climatic chamber I with possible temperatures from -20 °C to +55 °C
- Maximum available unmeasured airflow rate of 106,000 m3/h
- Simulation of outdoor environmental conditions